Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9th, 2009

OK all, what is up?

Here I would like to say hello to a few of you. I really want to write everyone personal letters, but time is sometimes a precious commodity. So to be able to say hello to all, this is the best way for me.

Margie and Ernie
Hey there. I received your letters and had a nice surprise. It was good to hear from you guys. I'm glad to know you are doing well. :-)

Jason and Heidi
Hey, how are things there? I hope everything is good. It was a great surprise when I got your letter. It's real good knowing how things are going back home with everyone. Any time you want to write, feel free. I'm a guest here for about 2.5 more months :-)

Aaron
Another great surprise. It was really great getting your letters. It helps me feel like I'm still connected there. I can't wait to get back for a few days and we can all go have some coffee, you, me, Rob and Jim, etc. I could go for a headhunter and a big oat biscuit about now for damn sure! Hope to hear from you when you can. Till then, take care. PS - Congratulations on the twins! :-) :-)

Nana
I think Morgan had said Nana had read some of the blog. So I wanted to say hello and wish you the best.


~


So, this week is non stop bullshit. Today we did like combat shit things. We did the high and low crawl into fighting positions. So, basically this is like pigs rooting around in a trough with our rifles and maneuvering and taking up fighting positions in the muck. Then we ran a course - you have to understand we are in full body armor running through bushes and trees and much and shit, climbing over log barricades, under concertina wire in teams, giving cover fire as we move. The whole time we're getting shot at and shit with paintballs. We shoot 5.56 blanks for cover. Everyone here is covered in bloody welts. Shit's blowing up like incoming artillery. It was pretty nutty.

Tomorrow we road march our 8k and do the live grenade course. Both of which are BCT requirements. Well you must throw a minimum of two live grenades. Later this week is the 12k march.

It's 10pm no and wake up is at 0345.


MOM
I wanted to say hi to Mom. I want to write but like I said, time is precious. I'm glad the girls are being good. They can be a handful, but in good way. They are both so loving. I miss them a lot, but I don't worry about them much. I take comfort knowing they are in a happy, healthy place. I'm sure they just think it's vacation. I hope all goes well at the HOA meeting. I really don't want there to be an issue with the girls. They need to be there with you where they are safe and happy and together.

To Morgan & Mom -

I wanted to thank you so much for the hotel room. That is great. I'm looking forward to a few good meals and some good rest and phone time. Some sight seeing, some news and a hot, hot shower and now a massage!* That's great. I can't wait.

Really it's for the better no one is coming for BCT graduation. The end ceremony is the one to be at if you want to be at one. So, don't think I'm disappointed. On the contrary, I'm really happy to think you might come in May and I get a March weekend alone. :-)

As for answering a few questions:

I won't know my first duty station for a few more weeks. I can guess where I might go, but I don't want to. I'd just as soon tell it when I know for sure.

As for leave after graduation: Well, I get two weeks, but where my duty station is and when that unit's deployment time is, is the factor on whether I'll take it or not.

See, before you deploy, you get 30 days leave, but if I use my two weeks it screws that up. How much time I get and when I'll take it is still up in the air. I'll just let everyone know as it happens.

I'm wishing I would have put down Hawaii. Apparently the few who chanced it and put Hawaii got it. What the fuck! Oh well, that's probably a BS rumor.

Well, I gotta go.


Scouts out :-)

~Justin


*The way he wrote that sounds like he's thanking Mom and me for the massage. He knows that the massage is from you all and the $100 gift card, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment