Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22nd, 2009

Damn, what a place. Went to church. That was OK. When we got back instantly into full battle rattle and on Red line for 6 hours. Holy shit that sucked. Strange, we've been together without break for 9 weeks - 24 hours a day - God, talk about fucked up. All those reality TV shows you see ain't got shit on the real thing. Sometimes I have to realize also, as cavalry scouts, most all of us who are regular Army are all going to the same place and will end up together where ever we go. It's a real mixed bag of people when we leave here. We'll go do the same shit, at some point we might see some of the National Guard down the road, but if we do, we'll have been going our job for quite a while when they show up. Some of the National Guard and some regular Army are cool and I hope if we do get stationed together it's some of the people I like. There are quite a few shit heads. I don't want to get stationed with them. There are some people I don't trust with my life here. Some are too fucked. We'll just have to wait and see what fate deals me (then he drew a little picture of a hand of cards).

One good thing about this place is I do tend to forget how old I am a lot. Most times that is good.

Mostly we've been cleaning tonight. I'm lucky, I got off fireguard tonight and had it at 9:30-10:30 last night. That's cool. Tomorrow we get refitted for Class As and then who knows what. Well, I'm getting some shut eye. 4 1/2 days tille I get some relief :-)

~Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment