Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11th, 2009

Man, long day. Been up since 0200 and it's 2200 now. Have to get up at 2330 for fire guard then sleep at 0030, then up again at 0400.

Today was pretty fun. We got to go to the range today. We got to group our rifles. Tomorrow we go again and we'll zero our rifles. Something a normal human can do in an hour takes us days and 5 million push ups to get done. If you suck, you basically got to shoot all day till you got a 5 round group. I shot in the first section at about 8 in the morning, took five shots, got my group and stood around until 1530. Some people shot several hundred rounds and handful didn't even get a group of 5. Well at least training has started for sure. Tomorrow is the official start of white phase, but I don't know what will happen. It's strange how living like this starts to affect people. Sides of who people really are start to emerge. You really start to get an idea of how different and diverse people are.

Well, it's 12:30 am. Just got off guard. It's amazing how scared people will get around drill sergeants who are acting like asses. I just do what I'm supposed to and if they come after me, well then they do. But I just try to block them out.

Well I hope all is well with everyone. We'll be at the range for the next week. I'll let you all know how things go.

*Side note for you - please let me know how Little Bear is doing. At this point I don't know what else to do but keep him in my heart and prayers.

*If you have a few extra stamps and envelopes, I could use a few

*Tell everyone hello and I'll talk to them soon

~Justin :-)


Once again, I (morgan) have sent him stamps and envelopes. I think he should have them by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment